- Pedagogical Research
- Case Study Research
Ethnography & TourismJennifer Long critically reflects on her experiences as a Canadian and anthropologist visiting Japan over one short week, Jennifer asks: What are the similarities and differences between ethnography and tourism?
- Ethnography & Tourism: Part I (13 October 2016)
- Ethnography & Tourism: Part II (20 October 2016)
- Ethnography & Tourism: Part III (27 October 2016)
You might also be interested in checking out other posts from anthro everywhere! that deal with the topics of ethnography and tourism.
One Size Does Not Fit All: Pedagogical ResearchJennifer Long's new project (with co-researcher Tanu Halim) seeks to better understand the educational experiences and learning preferences of mature and/or non-traditional students and how these perspectives differ depending on the instruction medium: (1) asynchronistic online learning; (2) synchronistic online learning; and (3) face-to-face in-class learning.
- One size does not fit all - Applying Anthropological Principals to Pedagogical Research (30 October 2017)
- One Size Does Not Fit All - Anthropological & Pedagogical Research on Mature Students (2 November 2017)
- One Size Does Not Fit All - Research on Mature Students' Educational Experiences (8 November 2017)
- One Size Does Not Fit All - Encouraging Participation without Coercing Participation (13 November 2017)
- One Size Does Not Fit All - Preliminary Findings (16 November 2017)
Ethnography & Case Study ResearchRhiannon Mosher's recent experience in researching and writing a program case study with the Ontario Centre for Workforce Innovation has lead her to ask a number of questions about what an ethnographic approach can bring to this form of research.
- Ethnography, Case Study Research, and Program Evaluation (Oh my!) (8 January 2018)
- Ethnography & Case Study Research: Applying an ethnographic approach (15 January 2018)
- Ethnography & Case Study Research: Grey Literature (22 January 2018)
- Ethnography & Case Study Research: Saying yes to the project (29 January 2018)