Ethnography & TourismJennifer Long critically reflects on her experiences as a Canadian and anthropologist visiting Japan over one short week, Jennifer asks: What are the similarities and differences between ethnography and tourism?
- Ethnography & Tourism: Part I (13 October 2016)
- Ethnography & Tourism: Part II (20 October 2016)
- Ethnography & Tourism: Part III (27 October 2016)
You might also be interested in checking out other posts from anthro everywhere! that deal with the topics of ethnography and tourism.
One Size Does Not Fit All: Pedagogical ResearchJennifer Long's new project (with co-researcher Tanu Halim) seeks to better understand the educational experiences and learning preferences of mature and/or non-traditional students and how these perspectives differ depending on the instruction medium: (1) asynchronistic online learning; (2) synchronistic online learning; and (3) face-to-face in-class learning.
- One size does not fit all - Applying Anthropological Principals to Pedagogical Research (30 October 2017)
- One Size Does Not Fit All - Anthropological & Pedagogical Research on Mature Students (2 November 2017)
- One Size Does Not Fit All - Research on Mature Students' Educational Experiences (8 November 2017)
- One Size Does Not Fit All - Encouraging Participation without Coercing Participation (13 November 2017)
- One Size Does Not Fit All - Preliminary Findings (16 November 2017)